The Wellington Primary Care Partnership is committed to community, consumer and carer participation in practice.
PCP staff are available to support member agencies, providing a key role in capacity building and organisational workforce development, with a range of resources including:
- Facilitating Community Participation Working Groups for specific projects.
- Developing and maintaining a Register of Consumer Groups which, with due process, may be accessed by member agencies when planning, implementing or evaluating programs.
- Policy and procedure development, support and advice.
- Providing training workshops for member agencies and others.
- Support in the design, implementation and analysis of evaluation processes and strategies.
- Providing a pool of evaluators to conduct focus groups or other forms of evaluation.
- Distribution of relevant resources.
- Advising on best practice in community participation.