WPCP is committed to improving access to services for all people, and to improving the quality of care and quality of life of people living in the Wellington Shire through a coordinated, collaborative approach to service coordination.
The WPCP is also committed to strengthening the capacity of the Gippsland health care providers to further the coordinated regional approach to Service coordination.
To achieve this, the WPCP will:
- Focus on coordinating and improving systems and practice to ensure best outcomes for service users.
- Continue to support best practice standards as per the Victorian Service Coordination Practice Manual 2012 by progressing common practices, processes, protocols and systems for initial contact, initial needs identification, referral, assessment and care planning by member organisations.
- Support the implementation of e-referral.
- Work to improve communication about clients (especially those with chronic disease and complex needs) with general practice, leading to more active GP participation with other service providers involved in the client’s care.
- Support the continued roll out of the region wide Gippsland Chronic disease Management – Service Improvement Plan 2013-2017.