The Victorian Primary Care Partnerships (PCPs) are pleased to announce the launch of the Vic PCP Online Health Literacy Course.
The course has been designed for Victorian health and human service organisations to build knowledge and skills in health literacy responsiveness. The course is available free of charge at www.vicpcphealthliteracycourse.com.au (we recommend using Chrome as your internet browser) or you can request a free version to be embeded in your internal Learning Management System from email@example.com.
After completing the course, staff will have an understanding of:
- What health literacy responsiveness is
- Their role in improving health literacy responsiveness
- How health literacy improvements can be implemented within your organisation.
The course is made up of the following 5 modules:
- Introduction: What is health literacy and why is it important?
- Leadership: How does my leadership role contribute to health literacy responsiveness?
- Communication: What influence does communication have on health literacy?
- Navigation of physical and virtual environments: What challenges do individuals face when navigating a service and how can my organisation support them?
- Partnering with consumers: How can my organisaton work with consumers to improve organisational health literacy responsiveness?
The course is designed so your staff can complete the modules most relevant to their role and are suitable for all staff, regardless of their existing knowledge of health literacy. This broad approach to increase staff knowledge and skills has been designed to complement health literacy activities within your organisation.
If you would like to learn more about the course or other support we can offer to you with regard to improving your organisational health literacy responsiveness please don’t hesitate to contact Helen McAdam on 5143 8851, firstname.lastname@example.org or Angie Collins on 5143 8845, email@example.com.
Find out more about Health Literacy