The Wellington Primary Care Partnership is an alliance of health, government and community based agencies in the Wellington Shire. The WPCP team values the need for the team and our partners to work together to improve and enhance the health and wellbeing of our community. The WPCP team is small in numbers but the impact and breadth of knowledge of the team has and will continue to create robust partnerships to help improve health and wellbeing across our community.
We are leaders that maximize health and wellbeing throughout Wellington.
Together we engage, collaborate, facilitate and empower our partners to create innovative strategies that strengthen our community.
Our Team Principles and Values
‘We are leaders that maximize health and wellbeing throughout Wellington.’ Wellington PCP’s overall vision emphasises collaboration and partnership. Our underpinning philosophy is to bring together people, health professionals, agency staff and community members across Wellington, to share the goal of improving health and wellbeing opportunities and outcomes for all.
The PCP Strategy is funded by the Victorian government to improve the health and wellbeing of community members by strengthening relationships between primary care providers across a catchment area so they are able to implement improved service coordination, integrated health promotion and planning and joint programs. Aims include to:
- Improve the experience and outcomes for people who use primary care services.
- Reduce the preventable use of acute and residential services via a greater emphasis on health promotion programs, early intervention and chronic disease management.
- Develop service coordination links between primary care providers to enable early needs identification and service planning, and effective and efficient referral and care coordination between GP’s and other healthcare agencies.
- Plan and deliver more effective health promotion programs and services underpinned by a social model of health.
- Increase community participation in needs identification, service development and implementation.
Click here to view an enlarged version
The Wellington Primary Care Partnership is committed to community, consumer and carer participation in practice.
PCP staff are available to support member agencies, providing a key role in capacity building and organisational workforce development, with a range of resources including:
- Facilitating Community Participation Working Groups for specific projects.
- Developing and maintaining a Register of Consumer Groups which, with due process, may be accessed by member agencies when planning, implementing or evaluating programs.
- Policy and procedure development, support and advice.
- Providing training workshops for member agencies and others.
- Support in the design, implementation and analysis of evaluation processes and strategies.
- Providing a pool of evaluators to conduct focus groups or other forms of evaluation.
- Distribution of relevant resources.
- Advising on best practice in community participation.